Job Posting – Customer Service/Reservation Agent – 2017 Season
General job description: Stubbs Island Whale Watching seeks a highly motivated “ambassador of Stubbs Island Whale Watching” who is able to relay her/his enthusiasm of the quality of the whale watching tours to their guests while providing the highest level of customer service.
Company background: Established in 1980 as the first whale watching company in British Columbia, Stubbs Island Whale Watching has set the standard for ethical whale watching. Under new ownership since 2011, the company’s goals remain to provide guests with an experience that is highly enjoyable, as well as having high educational and conservation value. Please refer to the webpage for a further profile of the company (www.stubbs-island.com).
The company prides itself on guests having a first-class experience from the time of making a reservation, throughout the check-in procedure and, of course, on the tour itself. Our valued guests often provide feedback acknowledging that the positive team atmosphere and the depth of knowledge are what set us apart. It’s what we at Stubbs Island Whale Watching take the greatest pride in – this team approach; consistency of professionalism; and ethical standard of wildlife viewing.
Location: Telegraph Cove on Northern Vancouver Island, BC, CANADA; 4-hour drive from Nanaimo; 1/2 hour drive from Port McNeill. Staff accommodation in Telegraph Cove may be available.
Customer Service / Reservation Agents:
- Help our guests with any questions that may arise during their whale watching trip planning phase
- Take reservations over the phone or on site
- Use “Resmark” software to enter new whale watching reservations and amend existing reservations
- Prepare and verify passenger lists
- Reply to email inquiries professionally and send out confirmation packages to our guests
- Ensure that the gift shop is well stocked and presentable at all times
- Assist customers in the gift shop; includes handling cash
- Undertake office and bathroom cleaning duties
- Ensure recycling and other environmental practices are carried out as per company policy
Requirements for successful applicants:
- Must be willing and able to carry out the above duties fully and professionally
- Must be Canadian or have a Canadian work permit
- Possess an outstanding work and teamwork ethic
- Have very good English language skills (spoken and written)
- Have excellent computer and telephone skills
- Have a strong environmental ethic
- Have excellent professional customer service and interpersonal skills; including being friendly, patient, and empathetic
- Are fast learners receptive to feedback
- Are able to work weekend and evening shifts and are flexible, recognizing the need for work schedule amendment(s)
- Are capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Are willing to become a member of a fun, enthusiastic, positive team aimed at furthering the reputation Stubbs Island Whale Watching has earned for ethical, meaningful and professional wildlife viewing
- Knowledge of an additional language
- Retail experience
- Social media expertise
Salary: Starting wage is $14.50/hour
Work term: Staggered start and end dates.
Start: Mid April
End: Late August to late September
Applications: Apply to: Hannah Bergman, Stubbs Island Whale Watching; email@example.com
- Cover letter is to specifically address position requirements
- Resume to include names and contact details (including email addresses) of 3 references, of which at least 2 must be employment contacts
- Indicate period of availability
- Include “Application for customer service position” in the subject line
Application deadline: March 31st, 2017
1. References of short-listed candidates contacted
2. Short-listed candidates interviewed via telephone
3. Final interviews must be held in April 2016
Only applicants considered for interviews will be contacted. Contact would occur only after March 31st, 2017.